Thursday, October 06, 2005

Welcome to Ithaca, NY

Well, it has been relatively hot my first couple of days here.....and humid....it's raining pretty heavily as I write this post on my boyfriend's computer. The leaves are beginnning to change and different shades of red and yellow break up the greenery around his apartment. There have been a couple of really nice experiences I've had during my visit. The first was a pretty good dinner at Maxie's Supper Club which was decent...although I felt sorry for our server's facial muscles because I thought her cheeks were going to atrophy into a permanent smile.

Then there was the question of coffee...now that I have been going to Peet's regularly for my coffee and tea, anything else seems simply uncivilized...however, there is a place here called Gimme Coffee which is good but missing a certainn subtelty...a layoring of flavors in their roasting process. All in all, I'm having a grand time, simply being in the same room with my boyfriend is frankly, enough for me as we haven't lived together for a good ten months. More photos later from the Eyes Wide Open Exhibit that was showing on the quad of Cornell...overall, a sad and striking experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home