Saturday, September 17, 2005

Oh Nina...

There is nothing like listening to Nina Simone singing In The Dark...nothing. The longing and love in her voice, good god help me. I recently heard some of the clips from the Broken Flowers soundtrack, three songs by an Ethiopian jazz musician by the name of Mulatu Astatke...and let me tell you that bass line he lays down has a hold upon my soul. I've been able to find one album with his music, a compilation which in itself is ridiculous. The man has been around at least since the 50's and that's all there is???

It's dark here now and I'm trying to get rid of a headache that's been whispering away behind my eyes. Time for some deep breathing, a serious massage and some intensive yoga. I'm sure it's a tension headache. Sigh....and there she goes with Do I Move You?...Damn that woman could sing and write....

I'm working a late shift tonight due to lack of staffing and no one else wants to do it...aside from not getting a lot of sleep it's extra cash...whenever I travel or come in to work I always carry a little stone with me that says "Dream" on it...something I seem to be able to do easily enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home