Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Katrina in Technicolor

I don't have cable TV, not even basic so any pictures that I viewed pre and post Katrina were on the internet, I'm sure not even close to what was being played and replayed on the networks. With everything that I've read from CNN, the BBC, Altnernet, truthout, latimes, NY Times...I don't understand how people could even watch what happened and say that race was not an issue, in any way shape or form. I don't have a television and as my fiancee would certainly tell you, I am no history buff by any means, not even close. However, given the economic and political history of New Orleans itself...c'mon now...puhleaz. Would the president or the now gone FEMA director allow people in LA or San Francisco to rot the way they did in NOLA? Doubtful....Cali pays more to the federal system than we get back in benefits, we make up 14% of the US economy...I could go on but I don't want to, it all makes me ill.


If you haven't already, take a look at Olbermann Swings at www.putfile.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home