Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Holiday Movie/Book Push

I am so excited to see I am Legend even though I know it has to deviate somewhat from the original work. Although I haven't read any reviews it wouldn't surprise me if as usual, the critics get it all wrong. I'm fascinated by the idea of vampirism and how writers use vampirism to discuss the transmittal of contagions via bodily fluid, specifically blood. Check out the Vertigo Comic storyboards for the film, they're quite intriguing.

I finished Max Brooks' World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War and loved it. I had nightmares for a couple weeks after but loved it. The interviews were a compelling twist in zombie lore and made the story feel horrifically real.


I also finished Richard Morgan's Thirteen. He is one of the few writers I've read in scifi that deals with race and class with some subtlety and sophistication. Thank you Mr. Morgan. I could give some examples of writers who attempt to deal with these issues in their writing in the most simplistic offensive manner but I don't think they're aware of this.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Love Collective said...

http://boughettonews.blogspot.com/

Just showing some love.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home